Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“Open Happiness”

Personal branding is the new black. Your online presence...that is to say your online life will one day be more important than your real life. And if your under 30 it already is more important. I like to think of my blog and webpages as an online portal into my soul. Thanks to all this new technology I get to decide which one of my souls you get to see. Who am I? I don’t know? Maybe my blogging and twittering will help me figure out who I am. Maybe it will help me become who I’m suppose to be. I used to have hopes and dreams. I did. Somehow my hopes and dreams got lost along the way and they turned into regret. Regret is a bitch. I would rather spend my life failing to do what I love to do than to excel at something I don’t want to do. But like most people I’m trapped by my pay check. I trapped by my condo fees and car payments. My choice of life style has determined that I am not allowed to follow my dreams. Who is Measuring Tape Girl? What does her brand represent? I want my brand to be about self-acceptance, self-esteem and hope. There is a lot of growing I have to do before I can be true to my attempt at branding. I pretend to have accepted myself for who I am. I claim to be confident and full of hope but some days are better than others. If I have something to live up to, something to hope for then......well......at least that’s something. Maybe I can unlock my potential and become the me I want to be. If Coca-cola can “Open Happiness” then maybe I can “Unlock my Potential”. The main difference is that I’m not full of sugar, caffeine and false advertising. OKay. Maybe I am Coca-cola. I did have a lot of coffee this morning and I’m full of my own delusions but their is a difference. When I open my happiness, when I unlock my potential I will directly change someone’s life and give them hope. The life I will change is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment