Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I do believe in you

I do believe in you, now go and make me proud. What do you believe? Who do you believe in? Who do you support? Please let them know you support and believe in them and that you also support and believe in yourself. It makes a difference. It’s that last push we all need to keep going. According to wikipedia, Self Esteem is a term used in psychology to reflect a person's overall evaluation or appraisal of his or her own worth. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs (for example, "I am competent" or "I am incompetent") and emotions such as triumph, despair, pride and shame. A person's self-esteem may be reflected in their behaviour, such as in assertiveness, shyness, confidence or caution. Self-esteem can apply specifically to a particular dimension (for example, "I believe I am a good writer, and feel proud of that in particular") or have global extent (for example, "I believe I am a good person, and feel proud of myself in general") http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem

What is self esteem to you? What is it about yourself that you are proud of? I know. This is hard. But really think about this. Make a list. Talk to your friends about this. You need to believe in yourself. You need to believe in the choices you make and take responsibility for them. This is an exercise that gets easier over time. Like any muscle in your body, Self-Esteem gets weakened if you don’t use it. Having a strong sense of Self-worth is not arrogance but an essential part of being a fully functional human being. Draw on the power inside you and make choices based on your goals; knowing that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Anything is possible once we develop a sense of self-worth and a strong belief in ourselves. Who do you believe in? I believe in you, now go and make me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment